Sunday, October 22, 2006

Peu à Peu

There is nothing I can force myself into. There must be motivation throughout. Motivation refers to the initiation, direction, intensity and persistence of behavior.

Motivation should come from within for the well fare of all sentient beings.
Easier said then done.

To help me apply this I use the 4 noble truths. Known to many but understood by so few..

1) The Existence of Impermanence
Nothing exists forever. This helps me to be more aware of how I am reacting to my experiences at all times.

2) The Arising of Suffering because of Craving.
Say you want something and you don't get it - you'd get sad or frustrated. But say you want something and you do get it. Eventually you'll get bored with it and you'll start wanting something else. And so you start all over again.

3) The Cessation of Suffering
So if you can stop this endless wanting, you won't suffer anymore. That's not to say that you won't ever feel pained or sad (or happy or ecstatic) ever again. It's just that it won't be part of an endless cycle of wanting - not getting - being sad - wanting again.

4) The Middle Way
To end eternal craving one should follow the eightfold path, which I will detail down soon.

This is for those who have only little dust on their eyes..

..and EID MUBAREK to each and everyone.

No comments: